- Introduction To Bash Shell
- Introduction to Shell Scripts
- iterm, Terminal, hostname, uname
- File System and Directory Hierarchy
- Multi Tasking and Multi User
- Shell and environment Path
- Some common commands like ls,cd,man,exit
- Some more common Linux commands
- cp, mv, clear, inode
- who, whoami,tty,which, locate,pwd
- calendar, date, time
- vi editor part 1
- vi editor part2
- chmod and user permissions
- chown, chmod, getent, chgrp
- Background Jobs and no hangup
- Sort and Uniq Command
- Top and ps command
- Pipes and redirection Part 1
- Pipes and redirection Part 2
- Wild Cards
- Find Part 1
- Find Part 2
- Find Part 3
- Find Part 4
- grep command and common usage part-1
- grep Part 2
- Grep part 3
- Grep part4
- Shell script's different component
- Functions and command line processing
- While Loop
- Until loop
- For loop and its various syntax
- If conditional statement
- Test Conditions for file type and strings
- Read user input and processing
- Case statement AKA switch
- File Handling and processing
- Exit Status of Shell
- Random number and its use case
- Arrays and Iterating over elements in different ways
- Here Documents and Multi line comments, FTP scripts
- Trap and signals part-1
- Trap and signals part-2
- Trap and signals part-3
- Trap and signals part-4
- Trap and signals part-5
- Ubuntu Installation in virtual Machine
- dd and od command for hex representation and using dd to copy file
- df, du, lsof netstat
- dmidecode, lcpu, lspci, lsusb and SMBIOS
- Partition, format and mounting a fresh disk
- nmap and port scanning
- ssh, scp, sshpass
- tcpdump and how to create pcap file for network packet capture.
Learn the complete set of linux and bash commands.
Learn how to automate things in Linux
Learn how to program in Bash Shell and writing professional water tight scripts.
Learn an exhaustive details about grep, fgrep, egrep etc and its various use case.
Learn and understand exec and shell redirection and various use case.
Learn how to leverage pipes and redirections to fit your custom needs.
Learn the construct of shell scripts like array, exit status, various conditional statement, switch case, test expression, string handling, command line arguments.
Detailed description of how shell interacts with kernel and whats is use case.learn exhaustive details on find command and various variance like finding executable file, zero size file, file of certain size range, file in certain date range etc.
Understand in great details of how to handle pipes and signal for a professional scripting scripting practice.
Learn how to debug Shell scripts in practicality and how to be a champ in Shell script writing.
This course goes in great depth of the internals of various commands so as to understand their working principal which helps in making the base of shell scripting knowledge strong and acts as a great binder to remember various stuffs.
You will also learn about Unix/Linux File and directory hierarchy and various ways permission and ownership of files and directory can be changed.
The best beer is fresh beer. We will show you how you can brew your own beer and cider at home, inexpensively.
About the instructors
- 4.2 Calificación
- 91091 Estudiantes
- 9 Cursos
Senior Software Engineer
Over 15 years of total experience in software development, focusing on C/C++/Linux/Symbian C++, different flavors of UNIX (SCO, HP-UX, SunOS, AIX and RedHat Linux). Knowledge of LINUX Internals/ System programming/Inter Process Communication and Shell Scripting.
Worked on Symbian OS features like TLS/descriptors/ threads/ semaphore/IPC/ Active Objects/ Dynamics Arrays/Cleanup Stack/Client –server/Binary Compatibility.
Experience in all stages of development of large project using C/C++/ Clearcase/Subversion/GIT on Linux and LynxOS platform.
Worked on Linux Device driver and System programming.
Worked on HP bootloader, Board Support Package and grub.
Knowledge of Virtual File system, ext3, I/O Scheduler.
Good knowledge of Socket, TCP/IP and routing protocol like BGP, RIP.
Good knowledge of porting and cross-compilation. Ported FreeBSD-libc to Symbian Platform.
Worked on Linux Device Driver(Parallel port Control panel, USB mass storage driver), System programming, ELF32,DWARF, binary optimization.
Worked on GNU Tools chain like Cross-Compiler, Makefile, Auto Conf.
Worked on drivers for SPI, UART, I2C, GPIO Bus as part of board bringup.
Good Knowledge of Multithreading, Semaphore, Message queue, Shared memory and other IPC mechanism.
Bring up of Board and enhanced product for power star energy consumption by implementing various sleeping mode in Devices like scanner, Fax, Hard drive etc.
Knowledge of GNU tool chain and cross compilation
Participated in Code reviews, Risk management, design document as well as implementation phase.
Good knowledge of Object oriented Analysis and design.
Good Knowledge of Xen/ Qemu and virtualization.
Worked on Malware Analysis and disassembly
Very good and through knowledge of Hypervisor like Xen, KVM.
Very complete and well-explained. Goes through all the nitty-gritty of many system commands and the OS inner workings. The course is more focused on that.
Tries to give a comprehensive background about how computing works,rather than restricting it to only scripting. This is a good thing as it tells me instructor is passionate about what he is teaching and tries to provide a solid foundation in first module itself
I liked the course. It satisfied all my expectations and helped me to have a stronger foundation in Linux OS and bash scripting.