- Introductory Course Contents
- Iterm2, diskutil, hostname,uname
- Introduction to Shell Scripts
- Shell and env variables
- File System and directory hierarchy
- Multi-Tasking and Multi-User
- ls, cd, man, exit commands
- rmdir, mkdir, rm, history, cat
- cp, mv, inode, clear
- who, whoami, tty, which, locate, pwd
- How can you get the run level of system using who command.
- calendar(cal), date, time commands and their options
- vi editor and different commands Part1
- vi editor Part 2
- chmod and user permissions
- chown, chmod, getent, chgrp
- Background Jobs and no hangup
- sort and Uniq command
- Top and PS command
- How to get thread ID of a process
- Pipes And Redirection
- Pipes and Redirection Part 2
- Wild Cards
- Find Part 1
- Find Part 2
- Find part 3
- Find Part 4
- grep command and common usage part-1
- grep command part-2
- grep command part-3
- grep command part-4
- Shell Script Introduction and different components and debugging a script
- Functions and Command Line argument Processing
- While Loop
- Until Loop
- For Loop and various syntax of for loop
- If condition
- Test conditions for file type and strings
- Read User input and processing
- Case statement, AKA switch
- File Handling and operations
- Exit Status of a Shell
- Random Number and its use case
- Arrays and iterating over elements in different ways
- Here Document, Multi line comments, Ftp scripts
- Trap and signals part-1
- Trap and signals part-2
- Trap and signals part-3
- Trap and signals part-4
- Trap and signals part-5
- Installing Ubuntu in virtual Machine
- dd and od command and how to copy file using dd
- df, du, lsof, netstat
- dmidecode, lscpu, lspci, SMBIOS, DMI
- Creating a partition and mounting the file system
- nmap for network and port scanning
- ssh, scp and sshpass
- tcpdump and pcap
Bash Shell scripting is a very detailed approach to make a student familiar with the concept of Bash programming and also grooming the student in various field in terms of commands, analysis, debugging with the help of Live examples and hands on. These examples are downloadable.
Helps to solve interview question
Automate the boring stuff with shell scripts
Built an expertise in Linux command line
Understand system internals and boot process
An introduction to Breakdancing basics, including How to Groove, Toprock, Posture, Footwork, and Freeze!
Let me take you by the hand & walk you throughout the ENTIRE process on how to make a full time income online from home
About the instructors
- 4.19 Calificación
- 90003 Estudiantes
- 9 Cursos
Senior Software Engineer
Over 15 years of total experience in software development, focusing on C/C++/Linux/Symbian C++, different flavors of UNIX (SCO, HP-UX, SunOS, AIX and RedHat Linux). Knowledge of LINUX Internals/ System programming/Inter Process Communication and Shell Scripting.
Worked on Symbian OS features like TLS/descriptors/ threads/ semaphore/IPC/ Active Objects/ Dynamics Arrays/Cleanup Stack/Client –server/Binary Compatibility.
Experience in all stages of development of large project using C/C++/ Clearcase/Subversion/GIT on Linux and LynxOS platform.
Worked on Linux Device driver and System programming.
Worked on HP bootloader, Board Support Package and grub.
Knowledge of Virtual File system, ext3, I/O Scheduler.
Good knowledge of Socket, TCP/IP and routing protocol like BGP, RIP.
Good knowledge of porting and cross-compilation. Ported FreeBSD-libc to Symbian Platform.
Worked on Linux Device Driver(Parallel port Control panel, USB mass storage driver), System programming, ELF32,DWARF, binary optimization.
Worked on GNU Tools chain like Cross-Compiler, Makefile, Auto Conf.
Worked on drivers for SPI, UART, I2C, GPIO Bus as part of board bringup.
Good Knowledge of Multithreading, Semaphore, Message queue, Shared memory and other IPC mechanism.
Bring up of Board and enhanced product for power star energy consumption by implementing various sleeping mode in Devices like scanner, Fax, Hard drive etc.
Knowledge of GNU tool chain and cross compilation
Participated in Code reviews, Risk management, design document as well as implementation phase.
Good knowledge of Object oriented Analysis and design.
Good Knowledge of Xen/ Qemu and virtualization.
Worked on Malware Analysis and disassembly
Very good and through knowledge of Hypervisor like Xen, KVM.
Superb course. Loved it. Thanks a ton
Very good course with in-depth explanation and examples. It contains pretty much all basic topics for Unix/Linux systems which will be interesting for beginners and even intermediates. I will suggest reworking the recordings and formats to more professional style. Then this will be one of the best courses in this area.
Good So far
yes good to know the basic shell commands