- Meet Jeyda Deyna Elsasser
- Jeyda's Past Work Experience
- The rise of freelancing as a career choice
- Freelancing among millennial's
- Freelancing vs. a 9-5
- Benefits and Challenges of freelancing
- Tips on acquiring clients
- Useful services for freelancers
- Jeyda's mentors and sources of inspiration
- Essential skills for freelancers
- Jeyda shares her travel experiences while freelancing
- Balancing work and leisure time
- Introverts vs. extroverts.
- Avoiding isolation
- The most suitable path
- Is freelancing frowned upon?
- Best timing for freelancing
- Breaking out of your comfort zone
- A day in the life of Jeyda Elsasser
- Freelancing and family life
- Turning clients down
- Staying competitive as a freelancer
- Marketing a freelance business
- Marketing through social media
- Handling difficult clients
- Thoughts on freelancing platforms - Friverr, Freelancer, UpWork
- Financial resources for freelancers
- Staying motivated as a freelancer
- Importance of financial acumen
- Financial tools for freelancers
- Advice for aspiring freelancers on managing finances
- Setting rates as a freelancer
- Handing difficult clients who pay late
- Avoiding stress as a freelancer
- Setting goals and achieving them
- The future of freelancing
- Education programs for freelancers
- Entrepreneurship vs. freelancing
- Defining the term "bidding"
- What is a freelance job
- Jeyda's thoughts on starting over again
- Jeyda's top successes and failures
- The future of freelancing in 2 words.
- Building a name as a freelancer
YouAccel recently had an opportunity to conduct a comprehensive Q&A session with Jeyda Deyna Elsasser. Through her years of experience in freelancing for a number of small to enterprise level clients, Jeyda showcases her insights and expertise in this rapidly evolving sector. The interview starts with an introduction into Jeyda’s unique journey and goes through a plethora of questions geared towards aspiring freelancers.
Jeyda is a well-seasoned career professional with some major clients under her belt. Among some of the most notable names, Jeyda’s client list includes Hudson’s Bay, where she worked in the realm of Freelance Digital Marketing. She’s also worked with companies like StileSpace , Design Within Reach, and her most recent, Denison Gallery.
Just as exciting as Jeyda’s freelancing experiences, is the dynamic fluidity of her job descriptions. Equipped with an Honours degree from Ryerson University, Jeyda initially started her freelance journey in the field of web design. However, tackling clients - each with their own complex set of requirements wasn’t enough. Jeyda took her skills to new heights by marrying her passions in culture and art, with her new found aptitude for web technology. When she’s not out on the water parasailing, Jeyda can be found negotiating corporate art deals, or enriching lives through online Art Chats on her personal website.
The contents of the interview with Jeyda was reminiscent of an article written last November, by author and YouAccel contributor, Lissette Maduro which illustrated the emergence of a growing trend of professionals opting to work as freelancers. The article published statistics indicating that 60 million Americans currently list their occupations as a freelancer. Lissette also references a 2019 Freelancing in America report that states 53% of millennials now consider themselves as active freelancers.
Freelancing is one of the largest growing industries in modern times, and a post-Covid world suggests this trend is poised to grow. Global pandemics have a strange way of rewriting history, and redefining the possibilities and limitations of industrial progression. Observations suggest that an internationally distributed work force, zoom conferences, and distance training are no longer the future, but could very well define our new present.
The interview is a must see for those interested in overcoming the challenges of freelancing, especially during the early stages of a freelance business. Jeyda provides an in-depth overview of services freelancers can use when embarking on their journey. Furthermore, she touches on freelancing platforms such as Fiverr and UpWork which hold the top spot when it comes to facilitating transactions in the “gig” economy. The interview also provides helpful tips for new freelancers in areas like marketing, staying motivated, and dealing with difficult clients. Ever wondered how to go about firing a client or collecting overdue invoices? Jeyda bravely tackles these types of questions and many more during the session.
To check out the full Q&A session, enroll today and get started on a new and lucrative career in freelancing.
Chart Pattern Profits - Learn To Take High Probability, Low Risk Trades In Any Market And Any Time Frame
An interesting course to effectively search the Internet.
About the instructors
- 4.25 Calificación
- 621032 Estudiantes
- 42 Cursos
Start learning and acquire the skills you need!
To facilitate a comprehensive online learning environment for students.
YouAccel is a leading provider in online training, offering courses across numerous industries from IT and Development to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction.
The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Online courses are also compatible with any mobile device for the ultimate in convenience.
Taking the experience to a new personalized level, live communication with instructors is available through Udemy's online messaging console. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
I attended this to get an idea about freelancing.Moreover, I got some.Thank you
Absolutely wonderful. Great course. Fantastic Q&A session. Really helpful tips and tricks to get up and start your journey as a Freelancer.
The son is so bad
Yeah, definitely. Sadly it is barely understandable accustically.
Nice presentation (Tip: work on audio)