- More About Windows 8
- Getting Ready to Install Windows 8
- Windows 8 Installation Walkthrough
- Course Summary and Review
This is the Windows 8 installation walkthrough course.
This course is designed for:
- novices and beginners
- Learners who would like to know what it takes to install the Windows 8 operating system
- Learners who have never installed Windows 8 from scratch before
- introduces users to a high level view of the Windows 8 operating system
- provides helpful links in case you need additional help from Microsoft or the community
- gives a high level overview of the different Windows 8 version options is discussed to help you purchase and install the right version
- delivers a step by step walkthrough of a basic deployment of Windows 8 to a computer (also works on a virtual machine)
- will wrap up the walkthrough with steps necessary to keep your Windows 8 patched and up to date
- will discuss security software with web site examples you can visit for free versions of security software
A screen step by step installation walkthrough is provided.
At the end of the course, a document containing all of the URL links discussed in the course is attached to the lecture.
If you view this course from end to end, it will take you about 45 minutes. If you are following along as you install Windows 8, and complete your post install updates, maybe 4 hours plus more if you are downloading your install rather than purchasing it and also it depends on the speed of your hardware and your ability to navigate around the operating system.
This course has been designed so that you can follow along step by step in your own Windows 8 installation.
You should take this course if you have never worked with or installed Windows 8 before and are looking to start but aren't sure what to purchase or how to answer the questions asked during the installation process. You will also benefit from instructions for keeping your Windows 8 up to date through official software patches from Microsoft
Master The Hot Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP) And Cisco Switch Security Fundamentals With Chris Bryant -- Free!
About the instructors
- 3.91 Calificación
- 3190 Estudiantes
- 5 Cursos
Deployment and Infrastructure Engineer
Early in my career, I worked for 2 years as a software developer with client server applications using Microsoft Access and VBA, Visual Basic, and SQL Server.
For the past 14 years, I have been working in a Deployment and Infrastructure Support role. Some of the software technologies include Websphere, Weblogic, IIS, Cold Fusion, SQL Server, JBOSS, and TWS. I work on projects that handle deployments, tier 1 and 2 support, and server lease rolls. During the first seven years in the Deployment and Infrastructure Support role, I also spent time as a Configuration Manager helping to lead efforts in developing repeatable software deployment processes and putting quality gates in place for software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using tools like TRUEchange, VSS, ChangeMan, CVS, and SVN. I have experience working on UNIX (HP, IBM, Oracle), Linux, OpenVMS, Windows 3.1 through Windows 10, and Windows NT 3.x, 4,x, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 operating systems.
I have been working with computer hardware for the past 34 years and starting working on PC hardware 17 years ago. Working different jobs, I've gained experience working on desktops, laptops, server hardware, and some networking.
I have experience with Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and Microsoft MCSE course work, and I am currently a certified Brocade vRouter Engineer.
On my personal time I like to work with VMWare projects at home exploring the exciting world of operating system virtualization, home media servers and infrastructure, and play Minecraft with the kids. I also spend time volunteering with the local school district and with the city I live in.
It is a good match