- Methanol Production
- Formaldehyde Manufacturing
- Chloromethanes Manufacturing
- Ethylene Dichloride Manufacturing
- Vinyl Chloride Manufacturing
- Isopropanol Manufacturing
- Cumene Manufacturing
- Acetone Manufacturing
- Styrene Manufacturing
- Phenol Manufacturing
This course is mainly about the manufacturing process of petrochemical Industry compounds. This course will beneficial to Diploma and Engineering students of chemical engineering and allied engineering branches. The Principle Raw Materials for petrochemical compound s manufacturing are:
1. Natural gas(largely methane)
2. Liquefied Petroleum gas (LPG) which are easily extracted from natural gas, contains propane and butane which can be easily cracked to olefin
3. Refinery Off- Gases from catalytic and reforming operations
4. Hydroforming of petrochemical stocks which produces benzene, toluene, and xylene (BTX), give a large quantity of hydrogen
5. Naphtha and Fuel oil which is used to make synthesis gas by catalytic cracking. It also provides starting material such as ethylene, acetylene, and propylene by steam cracking.
6. Petroleum coke which is a source of carbon for calcium carbide and acetylene
Petrochemical compounds are mainly classified based on starting Material Such as C1 Compounds, C2 Compounds, C3 Compounds, C3 Compounds, C4 Compounds, and Aromatic Compounds. C1 compounds manufacture from methane or synthesis gas, C2 compounds produce from ethylene and/or acetylene, C3 compounds produce from propylene, C4 compounds from Butene and butane, Aromatic compounds from Benzene, toluene, and xylene. These raw materials contain one or several predominant hydrocarbons which can be separated so that compound is synthesized as follows
Chemicals from C1 compounds- Methanol, Formaldehyde, Chloromethanes
Chemicals from C2 compounds- Ethylene Dichloride, Vinyl Chloride
Chemical from C3 compounds- Acetone, Isopropanol, Cumene
Chemicals from Aromatic compounds- Phenol, Styrene
Learn how to showcase your education, skills, expertise, and personality in a visual way without any design experience!
Learn the Basics of Algebra and How to Find Multiples and Factors of Numbers, Factorization and Least Common Multiple
About the instructors
- 4.1 Calificación
- 380 Estudiantes
- 1 Cursos
Sandip Nivrutti Derle
I Sandip Nivrutti Derle working as a Assistant Professor in Chemical Engineering Department at K. K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education and Research, Nashik, India.
I have completed Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering from SV National Institute of Technology, Surat. I have taught the subjects such as Chemical Process Technology, Process Calculations, Chemical Engineering Design, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Process Simulation Fluid Mechanics, and Piping Engineering within 15 years of my teaching career.