- Introduction—What you'll get from this course
UPDATE: New Section! (Section 2)
- Just added a new section where we go over the most modern design and prototyping tools.
- We discuss design tools like Sketch 3, Photoshop, and Illustrator, so you can decide what to use.
- Overview of static prototyping tools like Marvel App and Invision
- Overview of granular animation prototyping tools like Pixate, Flinto, FramerJS
- We create a simple design flow using Sketch!
- We put our prototype on Marvel
A quick and practical course on turning your whiteboard or paper sketches into mobile prototypes. Learn to use animations and transitions to convert your static designs into easy-to-understand user flows, products, or features.
You don't need design skills, software knowledge, or even know how to draw. All you need is some paper, a pen, and an idea—a story waiting to be told.
5 reasons you should take this course
- Prototyping is powerful. It helps an idea explain itself by letting users play with it.
- Drawing is quick and simple. Sometimes boxes, lines, and circles are all you need to describe a product.
- You'll have fun taking it. This course is designed for you to finish it as fast as possible and enjoy the ride.
- You'll impress your colleagues. We all want to express ourselves, this course will empower your communication skills.
- It's free and it doesn't suck! Seriously, I took some effort to cut what you don't need and just keep the juicy stuff ;)
So, is this the right course for you?
- The goal of this course is to teach you how to convert your sketches, either on a whiteboard or on paper into a quick and dirty prototype on your phone.
- I built this course for engineers, designers, product managers, or anyone interested in expressing an idea.
- This is for creators that are in the early stages of building an app or feature—teams that want to explore ideas quickly or try different approaches to the same problem
- This is for people that want to test their concept and show it to potential users
Who am I?
I've worked as a designer for the last 15 years. Now I'm focused on designing web and mobile products, but even with all that experience, sometimes explaining a concept with simple wireframes can be a challenge. Prototyping has helped me bridge that communication gap.
What this course does NOT cover
This course does not go into detail about usability or other UX issues. I think it's obvious by now, but this course will not teach you how to code. Remember, this is for people that are in the early stages of building a product or feature.
If you want to know a bit more about mobile UX or if you want to design a high fidelity UI, then I recommend you take my other course "Design and prototype an iOS Mobile App on Illustrator"
What do you need?
- For this course, you only need a marker and a whiteboard, or a pencil and paper
- A smart phone. Either an Android device or an iPhone.
- Downloading the free Marvel App
This course is quick and practical, and my goal is for you to have fun finishing it. Prototyping has made a huge impact in my work. It's powerful. I'm sure it will help you too.
So, are you ready to start? Let's do it!
HAPPY PROTOTYPING :)
How to set up google and facebook ad campaigns
About the instructors
- 4.43 Calificación
- 129777 Estudiantes
- 7 Cursos
Hello, I'm Pablo Stanley. I'm a San Francisco based product designer. I'm the designer and cofounder of a healthcare startup in San Francisco called Carbon Health. I love solving design puzzles, making silly illustrations, composing geeky music, creating colorful animated gifs, munching veggie burgers, and writing punny comics.
Mentoring is one of my new found passions. I want to learn and teach as much as I can and Udemy is the best platform for it.
I also write a comic series called “The Design Team”.
Excelent Job !!!
very fun one of the best classes I took. lol