- Introduction—What you'll get from this course
What you'll learn
- Turn your design sketches into engaging interactive mobile prototypes
UPDATE: New Section! (Section 2)
- Just added a new section where we go over the most modern design and prototyping tools.
- We discuss design tools like Sketch 3, Photoshop, and Illustrator, so you can decide what to use.
- Overview of static prototyping tools like Marvel App and Invision
- Overview of granular animation prototyping tools like Pixate, Flinto, FramerJS
- We create a simple design flow using Sketch!
- We put our prototype on Marvel
A quick and practical course on turning your whiteboard or paper sketches into mobile prototypes. Learn to use animations and transitions to convert your static designs into easy-to-understand user flows, products, or features.
You don't need design skills, software knowledge, or even know how to draw. All you need is some paper, a pen, and an idea—a story waiting to be told.
5 reasons you should take this course
- Prototyping is powerful. It helps an idea explain itself by letting users play with it.
- Drawing is quick and simple. Sometimes boxes, lines, and circles are all you need to describe a product.
- You'll have fun taking it. This course is designed for you to finish it as fast as possible and enjoy the ride.
- You'll impress your colleagues. We all want to express ourselves, this course will empower your communication skills.
- It's free and it doesn't suck! Seriously, I took some effort to cut what you don't need and just keep the juicy stuff ;)
So, is this the right course for you?
- The goal of this course is to teach you how to convert your sketches, either on a whiteboard or on paper into a quick and dirty prototype on your phone.
- I built this course for engineers, designers, product managers, or anyone interested in expressing an idea.
- This is for creators that are in the early stages of building an app or feature—teams that want to explore ideas quickly or try different approaches to the same problem
- This is for people that want to test their concept and show it to potential users
Who am I?
I've worked as a designer for the last 15 years. Now I'm focused on designing web and mobile products, but even with all that experience, sometimes explaining a concept with simple wireframes can be a challenge. Prototyping has helped me bridge that communication gap.
What this course does NOT cover
This course does not go into detail about usability or other UX issues. I think it's obvious by now, but this course will not teach you how to code. Remember, this is for people that are in the early stages of building a product or feature.
If you want to know a bit more about mobile UX or if you want to design a high fidelity UI, then I recommend you take my other course "Design and prototype an iOS Mobile App on Illustrator"
What do you need?
- For this course, you only need a marker and a whiteboard, or a pencil and paper
- A smart phone. Either an Android device or an iPhone.
- Downloading the free Marvel App
This course is quick and practical, and my goal is for you to have fun finishing it. Prototyping has made a huge impact in my work. It's powerful. I'm sure it will help you too.
So, are you ready to start? Let's do it!
HAPPY PROTOTYPING :)
Build a Calculator app in ReactJS
Build a simple calculator app and get to know more about some good practices in React JS as a beginner
ARM Cortex-M : Modular Embedded Systems Design (FREE!)
Build an autonomous robot from a System's Approach, Code purely in Assembly and Bare Metal Embedded-C
Understanding Dreams and Visions
Basic Course on Understanding the importance of Dreams and Visions
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Learn BLS online, anywhere, anytime! Created by physicians and adheres to the latest ILCOR Standards and Guidelines
Launch Your First UDEMY Course In 7 Days or Less -Unofficial
Learn the Secrets to Online Course Creation in Less than 7 days and get First 1000 Students Quickly!
Qi Gong Tai Chi For Beginners - Ancient Taoist Health Method
Simple and Easy Qi Gong Tai Chi Exercises, To Feel Better, Prevent Pain and Have More Energy
About the instructors
- 4.42 Calificación
- 132676 Estudiantes
- 7 Cursos
Hello, I'm Pablo Stanley. I'm a San Francisco based product designer. I'm the designer and cofounder of a healthcare startup in San Francisco called Carbon Health. I love solving design puzzles, making silly illustrations, composing geeky music, creating colorful animated gifs, munching veggie burgers, and writing punny comics.
Mentoring is one of my new found passions. I want to learn and teach as much as I can and Udemy is the best platform for it.
I also write a comic series called “The Design Team”.
It met my expectations
Short and interesting
Great course to have an overall idea! thanks for great examples