Mechanics, Materials, and Structures Engineering.
Princeton University: M.A. and Ph.D. 24'
Syracuse University: M.S. 20'
Lebanese American University: B.E. 18'
Hamid Sami's research interests include:
Fracture Mechanics; Stability of Structures; Ultra-High-Performance-Concrete; Structural modeling techniques; Structures Topological Optimization; Seismic Rehabilitation of Infrastructure; and Sustainability in Construction Materials.
Hamid Sami has received numerous awards including:
- Princeton University fellowship (amounts to 30,000$ a year).
- Yabroudi Fellowship awarded by Dubai Contracting Company (DCC) and it amounts to 112,000$ (2018-2020)
- European Union's Scholarship to full fund his undergraduate studies and it amounts to 60,000$ (2013-2018)
- Best Achievement Award in the School of Engineering at the Lebanese American University (2018)
- Member of LAU Honor Society (2013-2018).
- Member of Phi Beta Delta International Honor Scholars (2019-Present).
- Highest Rated Course Badge in Reinforced Concrete awarded by Udemy (2019-Present).
During his free time, Hamid Sami enjoys:
- Playing the piano.
- Watching Documentaries.
- Reading Philosophical Fiction Books.