- Introduction to Toxic Stress
- What is Toxic Stress?
- What is the difference between regular and toxic stress? (r1)
- Toxic Stress Solutions Introduction
- Toxic Stress Solutions (part 1)
- Toxic Stress Solutions (part 2)
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence (part 1)
- Emotional Intelligence (part 2)
- Emotional Intelligence (part 3)
- The Emotion Map
- The Three Parts of the Brain
- Facing Difficult Emotions
- Facing Difficult Emotions (part 2)
- Labeling Emotions
- Labeling Emotions (part 2)
- Labeling Emotions (part 3)
- Exercise: Increasing our EQ by labeling our emotions
- Dissociation (part 2)
- Dissociation (part 3)
- Exercise: Emotions during past events
- Serve and Return
- Serve and Return (part 2)
- How NOT to help an upset teen
- How NOT to help an upset teen (part 2)
- How to help an upset teen
- How to help an upset teen (part 2)
- Sprinklers (part 2)
- Sprinklers (part 3)
- Sprinklers (part 4)
- Sprinklers (part 5)
- Emotional Sandbags
- Emotional Sandbags (part 2)
- Emotional Sandbags (part 3)
- Recording Deep Bond Moments
- Recording Deep Bond Moments (part 2)
Toxic stress is the strong activation of the body's stress management system in absence of protective support. It means that the person is subconsciously worried that something bad might happen and this takes a tremendous toll on the body. It affects everyone and makes us nervous during common events in our life.
derails brain development (source: 1)
is responsible for the majority of adult addictions, incarcerations and chronic health problems (source: 2)
Reduces lifespan by 20 years (34 if involved with hard drugs) (source: 3)
Don't believe those last two bullets? Neither did we. Until we read the hundreds of studies that reinforce these discoveries.
This course teaches what it is and how to reduce it in ourselves and our loved ones.
Sources: Udemy does not allow links here but see our Human Improvement Project website for full source links.
1 AAP National Conference
2 Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association
3 Harvard Center on the Developing Child
Create a Authenticate and Registration Page and connect it Database , Insert data , authenticate data
Step into programming world by learning Java Basics with Hands-On-Training
About the instructors
- 4.4 Calificación
- 2722 Estudiantes
- 1 Cursos
Matt is a technology entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. Previously, he was the executive chairman of TapInfluence a venture-backed Social Media company. Prior to TapInfluence, he was the Founder and CEO of Confio Software. Confio was the fastest growing company in the database tools market. It was acquired in 2013 by Solarwinds (NYSE: SWI) for $103M. He also founded a financial firm whose partners included a former U.S. Senate Majority Leader and a former U.S. House Majority Leader. Previously, Mr. Larson helped found an oil and gas technology company. In the span of a year, the company grew from four employees to over two hundred employees while raising over $110 million in venture capital. In 2012, Mr. Larson was named an Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist. Mr. Larson holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Colorado where he graduated 1st in his class. He is a member of the Mensa Society. Mr. and Mrs. Larson operate a family foundation dedicated to reducing child exploitation. They have lobbied successfully for hundreds of millions in additional federal spending dedicated to this cause.
Wonderful information but I would have liked more interaction instead of passive learning.
This is really interesting.