(Yes, this course really is free. Read more about why it's free here.)
Most sales courses, training, and workshops focus on "selling" when in fact, you need to know your customer's buying process. That's what you'll learn in this class.
By identifying the components of the buying and selling process, you can increase your conversion rates and accelerate your time-to-sale. Enterprise sales (i.e. business-to-business), purchasing decisions can take 3, 6, or 12 months (or more!) with many decision-makers, influencers, and individual buyers involved.
We use the Sales Model Canvas as your framework to achieve these objectives. The Sales Model Canvas is a simple process to follow starting from the first conversation with your prospective customer all the way through the sales and buying process, and to successful implementation your solution with your new client.
The course includes case studies from various industries and solutions, including:
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Data-as-a-Service (DaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (Paas)
- University & college educational products and sales
- Government and Request-for-Proposal (RFP) sales situations
- Clean Tech & Renewable Energy
- Services-based companies, including consulting and web development services.
- Examples from both startups and established companies.
All of the materials, course lectures, and case studies have been presented at live, in-person workshops with startup and technology groups including:
- The 2012 Lean Startup Conference
- Startup Grind
- The Lean Startup Circle-San Francisco
- The Lean Startup-Orange County
- The Lean Startup-Portland
- Bootstrapper's Breakfast
- Entrepreneur's Organization
"I attended a live workshop for this course. I have this stuff on my desk. It's our sales compass - where are we on each deal? Are we on track? Where are we going?"
- Arthur Bart-Williams, Founder, Canogle, Speaker & Mentor at the Lean Startup Conference
"Very practical Quickstart for a non-salesperson to do lead discovery and conversion. I’d previously read Solution Selling to overcome a feeling that I’m an engineer not a salesperson, but found the book too theoretical to help. This workshop was a hit-the-ground-running introduction where I left feeling that I can do sales. Highly recommend it."
- Riaz Rizvi, Principal at Kickstart Platforms
"Scott was instrumental in developing our enterprise sales process by teaching us how to navigate through target prospects and developing sales experiments to optimize our process."
- Patrick White, CEO at Synata, Best New Enterprise Product at LAUNCH 2013
Book Reviews for "Startup Selling" and "52 Sales Questions Answered" (by the course author)
"I found this book useful as we all sell something to someone no matter what our job is. The customer could be your manager or co-workers, and you might be selling your new idea rather than a product. No matter what you sell, you bound to pick up useful ideas in this book."
- Ali Julia, Amazon #1 Reviewer, Review of "Startup Selling"
"There is a wealth of information here - the book makes the reader feel like being in attendance at one of his seminars. Sambucci is bright, witty, focused, and right there on the front lines of success. Just buy into it."
- Grady Harp, Amazon Top 50 Reviewer, Review of "52 Sales Questions Answered"
"If you are an entrepreneur who wants to get up to speed quickly on selling to business, in particular selling software, the book belongs on your short list of must reads."
- Sean Murphy, Founder SKMurphy, Review of "Startup Selling"