- LIVE Q&A on Instagram
- Who wants to publish High Authority?
- In the business of story.
- You need an angle.
- Bonus: Business Angles.
- Know our community.
- Exercise: Community Mapping.
- Hack: Finding Angles.
- Interlude: The Nomad Writer.
- Practice 1: Writing the perfect pitch.
- Practice 2: Writing the perfect pitch.
- Formats for stories.
- Finding editors.
- Negotiating pay.
- Turn a gig into a job.
- Build your own platform.
- PROJECT: Make a perfect pitch.
- Perfect Pitch PROFORMA
Getting published in a high authority publication can transform your career and massively boost your earnings. But with thousands of writers competing for the privilege, competition is fierce.
The Perfect Pitch is an easy to learn system for finding, formatting and pitching stories that will massively increase your chances of breaking into high authority publications
This course will give you an insider look at how to pitch and publish at high authority level, from a 15 year veteran with bylines including The Guardian, BBC, Wired, Independent, Buzzfeed, Aeon and many more high authority publications.
- What’s the REAL business of high authority publications? Knowing this changes everything.
- Learn the 3 pillars of making the perfect pitch: Community, Story and Angle.
- Understand the key formats that high authority publications use to tell stories.
- Mine online resources like Reddit to find killer angles.
- Lever the power of social media to find editors and grow your network.
- How to negotiate pay effectively, and turn a one off gig into a long-term job.
Create awesome images, book covers, and video thumbnails by learning techniques in this Photoshop CC beginner's course
Automate your iOS development process
About the instructors
- 4.24 Calificación
- 20593 Estudiantes
- 5 Cursos
Writer for The Guardian, BBC, Wired.
Damien Walter ( BA / MA / PGCHE / HEA) teaches good writers how to be great. His research and critical writing have been published in The Guardian, Wired, BBC, The Independent, Aeon and with Oxford University Press. He is a former director of creative writing at the University of Leicester, a member of the Higher Education Academy, and a graduate of the Clarion writers workshop taught by Neil Gaiman. He consults widely for businesses in technology, healthcare, and manufacturing to help them tell great stories.
I'm a writer brushing up on my journalism skills. I've found this course to be both informative and enlightening. I notice I listen to British people much more than Americans.
Loads of great information in a short and easy to follow course. It was particularly good to see the example pitch which is always something that I've felt unsure of and lacked confidence in. Looking forward to more courses from Damien.
I was looking for information about writing itself, planning, styles used for online writing. This was helpful but not specifically what I was looking for.
very good sharing, thanks
I feel like it was little bit fast