- What are the Dynamics of Being an Undocumented Survivor of Violence?
- Understanding of the T-Visa & U-Visa Processes
- What are the Eligibility Requirements for a U Non-Immigrant Visa?
- What are the Eligibility Requirements for a T Non-Immigrant Visa?
- Group Activity - Case Study
- Module 13 Quiz
The goal of this course is to train participants in the dynamics associated with being an undocumented survivor of violence. Although it is aimed at violence peer counselors, this course is suitable for anyone who provides peer support services and/or works with young adults. The information covered in this course include:
- Dynamics of Being an Undocumented Survivor of Violence
- U-Visa and T-Visa processes
- Eligibility Requirements for a U Non-immigrant Visa
- Eligibility Requirements for a T Non-immigrant Visa
Through this course of 5 lectures, over 30 minutes of video content, informational handouts and 1 quiz, participants will be able to comprehend the barriers to safety that undocumented individuals experience, comprehend the U-Visa and T-Visa Processes, and critically think about an undocumented person’s experience as a survivor of violence.
As peer counselors or anyone who provides peer support services, it is important to have an understanding of the U-Visa and T-Visa processes. Increasing awareness of the protections for undocumented victims/survivors of crime will enable better service to the community and clients. Thus this course will greatly benefit those in this field of work.
*The name of the person narrating this course is Linnea Ashley.
About the instructors
- 3.98 Calificación
- 6958 Estudiantes
- 5 Cursos
Community Health Advocate
Youth Alive! is a violence prevention and intervention organization that helps young people become leaders and advocates for the change they would like to see in their communities. We also mentor and support healing for young people who have been violently injured, and work with families grieving in the wake of a homicide.
This is very interesting and a great match
Thank you for sharing this insights.
Thanks for breaking down information between the T-Visa and U-Visa! Great Insight!
It was very interesting and great to know the differences and policies on the U-visa ans T-visa thanks for the opportunity Carmen Segarra.
It was interesting and good information