- Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Special Right Triangles in Trigonometry
- The Other 3 Trig Functions
- Solving Trig Problems
- Angles of Depression and Elevation
- Answer Keys
This unit is the first in a High School Algebra 2 curriculum. It teaches basic trigonometric concepts so that they can be applied to algebra 2 concepts later on. It can be taken by traditional high school students as well as High School Equivalency (HSE) students who are learning about geometric topics for their equivalency exams (GED, TASC, and/or HiSET).Topics include:
(1) Introduction to Trigonometry
(2) Special Right Triangles in Trigonometry
(3) The Other Three Trig Functions
(4) Solving Trig Problems
(5) Angles of Elevation and Depression
Each section has a related video, a video quiz, and a section quiz. The video quiz is to be taken along with or shortly after watching the video. The section quiz is to be taken after. To supplement the course, you can use any textbook.
This course should take approximately five to ten hours to complete.
I am a High School Math and High School Equivalency teacher in Las Vegas, Nevada. I just finished my 4th year of teaching. My background is in math and science (B.S. in Science and Math Education, M.Ed. in Agriculture Education from North Carolina State University). I recently started a Ph.D. program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Math Education.