- Introduction to Meditation Practices for the Quantum Mind
- Meditation Practice # 1
- Meditation Practice # 2: Single Point Concentration
- Meditation Practice # 3: The Will & The Magnifying Glass Meditation
- Meditation Practice # 4: Observing the Ultimate Observer
This a complimentary course that teaches techniques and practices that enhance our ability to focus, quiten the mind and improve our emotional and mental health. You'll learn the basic concepts involved in understanding the human mind from a neurological perspective and take away a structural approach to dealing with stress.
Easy to follow Guide for CSS Beginners, learn how to use CSS the right way step by step learning to apply CSS design
About the instructors
- 4.41 Calificación
- 4395 Estudiantes
- 2 Cursos
My primary objective is to reduce suffering and to increase compassion, because a better world is possible.
A thousand years ago you will have found me either in China or Baghdad making use of their massive libraries and centers of learning. Now, you'll find me essentially doing three things: 1) Figuring out how things work 2) Figuring out how they can work better and 3) Sharing what I learn.
I received my PhD from the University of Sydney when I was 26. I published dozens of academic articles and encyclopedia entries, as well as 6 books since then. I have given lectures at some of the best universities in the world and two TEDx talks. I've written for the Washington Post and once had the pleasure of speaking alongside a Nobel Peace Prize laureate. My next book is based on 8 years of research and personal experimentation, it goes by the same name as this course!
In fact, you're very special to me. I get to share my passion for personal excellence with you.
My life has been beset by some interesting challenges, and I want to show you how you too can grow a mind that will suit your needs.
Want more reasons to sign up? Here is feedback from students who have taken Quantum Mind:
“I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I learned much about the mechanisms and practices that enable the pursuit of excellence in everyday life. I particularly liked how scientific information was related to the broader context of the history of ideas, and found much of what was said directly relevant to one of my own fields of research interest — namely, moral philosophy. The instructor is marvelous — always clear and engaging, at times positively exhilarating, and capable of making you feel as if she is really cathecting with you. The module on spiritual psychology was especially brilliant and thought-provoking.“ Aleardo Z.
“The Quantum Mind course is incredibly useful. I found myself days later remembering and applying the strategies to great effect. The concept of the conscious mind and awareness is clearly and succinctly explained. It satisfied my yearning for a theoretical framework and yet it is practical and useful on a day to day basis. Equally, Dr Habib's method of meditation when applied is far more effective than what I have been practicing to date. Overall, the curriculum is well thought out and the chronology of the course helps in understanding concepts that are not normally associated with one another. It is dense and yet easy to understand and apply. I highly recommend this course to anybody wishing to be at peace with themselves and the world ... and not only those who are actively suffering.“ Mirielle
“What I loved about this course is that I not only learned so much, but I am left with a wealth of different tools, tactics, and strategies to apply to my life. I started off being interested in this abstract concept of the quantum mind, and now I'm amazed at the power of my own mind! I've already begun to make small changes to my everyday habits that have shifted my moods and general outlook on life...” - Sameerah A.
And here is some anonymous feedback from students I taught at a private college in California this year:
• This was such an interesting class, and had so much value to me. You did a really great job of being excited and interested in the material you were teaching, giving us lots of outside sources and readings that were actually interesting and thought provoking. Thank you for coming to visit us at [name of institution].
• I grew a lot as a student and person because of this class, and I can't say the same for other [name of institution] classes I have taken.
• Samar's energy and knowledge really made this class enlightening. She provides great lectures, discussions, and content.
• Dr Habib is great at exciting her students and challenging them to expand their minds
• You make this topic very personal and interesting. Thank you.
• Your lectures and assigned readings are all fantastic. On a personal note, you have been the best college professor I have had yet. Just an amazing mind and heart. I speak for myself and the class when I say we loved you.
This was my first attempt at directed meditation. Samar did a wonderful job at explaining how to focus your mind and control errant, arbitrary thoughts.
it was a great introduction to meditation.
Good scientific explanation, might be slightly difficult to be understood without specific educational background It was good but the video Med No3 was really disturbing