Have you ever wanted to make a realistic drawing of a bird?
This course will teach you all of the steps you need to follow to make a freehand drawing of a beautiful New Zealand bird, the Fantail. We will be using a range of pencils and other drawing materials to produce this drawing. We will cover the following sections in this course:
1. Preparing for the course by selecting your tools and photograph
2. Sketching the Fantail's proportions and features
3. Adding tone to make the drawing appear more three dimensional
4. Adding fine layers of tone to start to understand light and contrast
5. Adding texture to bring out the beautiful feathers of the Fantail
6, Adding fine details to make Fantail appear more realistic
By taking this course you will develop a strong understanding of the drawing skills and techniques needed to draw a realistic looking bird. This knowledge can then be applied to any bird or animal you choose to draw.