- Welcome to the classroom!
What you'll learn
- This class provides you with lessons to give you just the right amount of knowledge to better understand how to connect your home electronics.
- Fundamentals of the electronic signal: elementary signal flow, shielded cables, plug vs. jack.
- Differentiation between video streams and video files - critical info if you have or are looking for a new camcorder/camera
- Review of most common audio connectors: Phone (1/4", Mini, Sub-Mini, Micro); RCA/Phono, XLR, Optical
- Most common video connectors: Phono/RCA - both composite & component, S-video, BNC, IEEE 1394 (4-pin, 6-pin, & 800), HDMI
- Common Monitor connectors: HDMI, DVI, Display Port, Mini-Display Port, VGA
- Peripheral connections: USB (A, B, Mini, Micro), USB 2.0 vs. 3.0, Thunderbolt
- Adapters: When and how to adapt connectors when connecting audio, video, monitors or peripherals. When is the only time to use a Y-adapter, barrels vs. cable adapaters.
- When and why you need to use a Digital>Analog Converter
- Two recommended freeware computer applications to help transfer between different video file formats.
If you're like most folks - you have electronic devices that need to be connected and you're not totally sure where to plug all those connectors into which port... can I adapt that DVI plug to go into my HDMI port? Does that Audio Out cable go into the Phono, Auxillary, or Tuner port? Which cable should I use to transfer video from my new camcorder into my computer? And which headphone connection is right for my new Smart Phone?
With this class from Your Technology Tutor, you will gain an understanding of the fundamentals and practical knowledge of the most common cables & connectors. From audio and video connectors, to adapters - learn the most essential info by joining Chet Davis in these video lessons.
Translation Technology I
Translation Technology I: Free MOOC (English/Chinese translation) (English version) (Modules 1-6)
How To Hire A Personal Trainer Course
Tips from a Personal Trainer to help you get the most out of your fitness professional
Building your Career Path within the Crypto Industry
Release the Entrepreneur within and become financially free within the Crypto Industry
About the instructors
- 4.39 Calificación
- 130794 Estudiantes
- 6 Cursos
Your Technology Tutor
Chet loves to teach...he loves helping others learn, whether it's an artistic technique in video or photography; or a software application or technology tool. Whether you join Chet for a live hands-on workshop or an on-line lesson on Udemy you clearly experience his enthusiasm, his expertise, and his passion for teaching.
Chet 'cut' his teacher teeth with 17 years in the classroom as teacher of a high school Video Technology program in California. He's made presentations at National and Regional Conferences and led hands-on workshops for in 41 US States, 3 Canadian provinces and in Europe (European Schools Program). Chet is listed in two volumes of Who’s Who in American Education and has testified before a Congressional Sub-Committee on the importance of Technology in Education.
When he's not teaching, he enjoys traveling - and producing travel video and photography. He likes playing tennis, snowboarding and mountain biking... and he loves to cook (he makes a mean Chimichanga from scratch).