Why this course? Internet is flooded with lot of resources already related to UNIX. Then why we need another in the same category? The answer to this lies in following points.
1. This course is a compact version of UNIX with all the details to start.
2. It talks less theory and more action.
3. Simple explanations are given for different commands.
4. The lectures are created in step by step fashion.
5. More than 70 different commands are included in this course.
6. You will not be burdened with so many UNIX commands, because they are placed in a simple fashion in different chapters.
7. With real examples of different commands which you can try on your system easily.
8. Exercises were included in different modules based upon what you learned. This will make you more familiar with the usage of different concepts and commands.
9. This course is also compiled, keeping in mind that any naive user who are eager to learn to computer and start basic programming. That's why the title "Getting Started".